The following section will help you to navigate the available legal resources. If you need further information or explanation for any of the topics listed below please contact us. 

Legal Resources

Know Your Rights


Knowledge is power. The Housing Solutions Landlord Tenant Resource Center has a staff lawyer available to discuss your rights as a tenant in Oklahoma. There is no fee associated with this service. Call the Landlord Tenant Resource Center at 918-218-4138 to schedule a time to speak with a lawyer.  

You can also find information on tenant rights at Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc., the Oklahoma Bar Association and the Oklahoma Supreme Court Network 

Brief Legal Advice/Court Process

If you have been served with an eviction and would like to talk to a lawyer to get brief legal advice or to learn more about what to expect at court in Tulsa County please contact the Landlord Tenant Resource Center at 918-218-4138. If you need a lawyer to assist you in court, the Center can make a referral. There is no fee associated with this service. 

Benefits of Going to Court 

Even if you owe the landlord money, there may be options available to you to either avoid or negotiate the terms of the eviction, but you can only use these options if you are at court on the day of your hearing. Some of these benefits include: 

  • You can get free legal assistance. Link to Legal Resources here. 
  • Your lawyer may be able to identify legal defenses that can stop or delay the eviction. 
  •  You may get more time to move out. 
  • If you have more time to move out, you may be able to avoid losing all of your belongings. 
  • You may be able to lower the money judgment issued against you, including excessive late fees. This is important because this judgment will follow you and could lead to wage garnishment. 
  • You can avoid having an eviction judgment on your record. 

Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma 

Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc’s goal is to provide free or low cost services to eligible low income people and senior citizens. Legal Aid lawyers can help you if you are facing eviction. It is recommended that you apply for services before your scheduled court date if possible. Legal Aid lawyers are almost always at the courthouse for the eviction docket and can help there if you do not have time to connect with them in advance.  

Tulsa County Bar Association 

Pro Bono lawyer on the Eviction Docket – Currently, Tulsa County Bar Association pro bono (meaning no cost to the tenant) lawyers are available most days on the Tulsa County eviction docket. Tenants can speak with a TCBA lawyer for no charge. To access these lawyers simply go to the eviction/FED docket at your scheduled date and time for court and ask to speak to a TCBA lawyer. 

Lawyer Referral Service – If you don’t qualify for Legal Aid, or if you want to hire a private lawyer to assist you with your eviction please visit the Tulsa County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service 

Early Settlement Mediation  

The Early Settlement Mediation Program provides free mediation to resolve concerns between landlords and tenants, including non-payment of rent. The Early Settlement Mediation Program is sponsored by Tulsa County and the Oklahoma Supreme Court. Tenants and landlords can apply to this free program as soon as the dispute develops. You don’t need to wait for a missed rent payment or for an eviction to be filed. Complete the intake form and email it to 

Still She Rises  

Still She Rises is the first holistic defense office in the country dedicated exclusively to the representation of mothers in both the criminal and civil legal systems. Still She Rises empowers the women they serve to take an active role in their defense, the strategy and the actions of their team. Still She Rises has open-door community intake services available to walk-in clients five days a week from 8:30am to 5pm at their client receptions space. For the address and contact information please visit here.